A recent survey by The American Customer Satisfaction Index found that Facebook was in the bottom 5% of user satisfaction amongst private sector companies. Part of the dissatisfaction stems from the constant tweaks and updates that Facebook implements to all elements of their site. On March 1, Facebook will be implementing significant change to Facebook changes. Emboodo’s Social Media Optimization department can help you promote your business on Facebook, and make the most out of these new features. The two features we are most excited about utilizing are:
- Increased Page Functionality: Facebook Pages are now permitted to interact on other pages. This feature allows Pages to expand their reach beyond the limitations of their own page directly to other Facebook communities.
- Photo Strip: Adding a photo strip to Facebook Pages increases the interactiveness and personalization of your page. The strip will only include photo’s added by the page, not fans –but can be edited to highlight certain photos or to make a photo collage.
Some other features include:
- Navigation moved to the left of the page
- Wall filter options
- Ability to set default for email and notification settings
- Profile picture size reduced from 200×600 pixels to 180×540
- Feature pages and admins
- Additional mutual friends and interests section
- Ability to feature iFrame applications
You can adopt the new layout earlier than March 1. However, once you upgrade you cannot revert back to the old page. Contact Emboodo for a free consultation about upgrading your Facebook page, and increasing your business through social media.